Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not Your Average Tuna Sandwich

I will admit that I feel a little strange putting a sandwich recipe on the blog. Seems like it should be obvious, right? Well, this is an adaptation from a recipe in the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook, and it is so weird that I had to try it. It's kind of like a Reuben sandwich - initially, the flavors sound icky, but it's actually pretty good.

I used homemade hummus, since the store-bought kind is hard to find around here. I also roasted my own peppers, but you can buy them jarred if you prefer.

Not Your Average Tuna Sandwich

1 whole-wheat English muffin, split & toasted
2 tbsp. hummus
3 oz. tuna, drained & flakes
4 strips roasted red pepper
1/2 c. baby spinach leaves

Spread both sides of muffin with hummus, then layer remaining ingredients. Serves 1.

No comments: