Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lemonade Cake

I've had this recipe sitting in a file for ten years or more, and finally decided I would make it. Oh. My. YUM! It was sooo moist and light and summery - couldn't be better for a hot weather dessert. I am going to experiment with using other kinds of fruit concentrate and cake mixes - like maybe a strawberry daiquiri frozen mix with strawberry cake. Mmmm...

Lemonade Cake

1 lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Super Moist Lemon)
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
3/4 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed

Prepare cake according to directions. Allow to cool 15 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a knife or fork. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Pour evenly over cake. Refrigerate until completely cool, then spread Cool Whip over top.

No comments: