Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jerk Chops with Pineapple

I modified a recipe from the Biggest Loser cookbook... and oh my word. It was incredible. I am trying to use my crockpot more often, and had learned some time back that pork chops are infinitely better when slow-cooked. With just three ingredients, prep is a snap. I dumped it in the crockpot last night and it's so good I'm eating it for breakfast this morning! Next time I'm doubling it. I can't recommend this enough - it's easy and delicious and healthy. What could be better?

Jerk Chops with Pineapple

1 lb. boneless pork chops, trimmed
1/2 c. jerk marinade (I used KC Masterpiece)
1 24-oz jar pineapple chunks in juice

Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer chops evenly in bottom. In a small bowl, mix marinade and pineapple (with the juice) until well blended. Pour over chops. Cook on low 8-10 hours or until chops are tender. Serves 4.

No comments: