Saturday, July 11, 2009

Caramel Apple Salad

This particular little gem has been floating around the Weight Watchers message boards for some time, and I kept ignoring it because I thought I didn't like pineapple. Now that I've had a change of heart for that particular fruit, I decided to give it a try - and oh, my, is it a wonderful treat! Totally fat-free, it makes a great snack, side dish, or dessert, and I think I will take it to the next potluck dinner. It goes together in ten minutes or less, and I've had some in the fridge for five days and it still tastes fine.

Caramel Apple Salad

1 20-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 box sugar-free fat-free butterscotch pudding mix (instant)
1 8-oz tub fat-free Cool Whip
4 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced (skins on)

In a large bowl, stir dry pudding mix into pineapple until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Stir in apples.

Serves 6-10 (depending how quickly they devour it!)

No comments: