Thursday, October 16, 2008

Iced Coffee

At the risk of insulting your intelligence, I'd like to share with you my formula for a tasty-as-Starbucks morning eye opener. Let me say this, though - please use good coffee. Folgers just doesn't count. I like to buy a whole-bean espresso roast. Great Value (Wal-Mart brand) makes one that is very good, but also affordable, and quite comparable to the Starbucks blends. Of course, if you have the moolah, splurge on the best coffee you can find.

Iced Coffee

At night, brew 4 cups of very strong coffee. Sweeten as desired (I use four packets of Splenda) and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add 1 c. milk and 1 T. flavored coffee syrup. Add half a tray of ice cubes and stir. It fits quite nicely into a 52-oz Bubba Keg, if you don't want to share.


...A word about the coffee syrup: I use DaVinci brand, although there are several others out there. They have a ton of flavors, several in sugar-free versions. Caramel, Hazelnut, and Kahlua are some of my favorites. They also have watermelon and peanut butter, but I wouldn't recommend using those in your coffee unless you are more adventurous than I am!

No comments: