Saturday, September 13, 2008

Frito Corn Salad

I had this at a church potluck, and searched all over the web until I found the recipe. I modified it to make it more WW-friendly. It needs no spices - all the flavor comes from the Fritos. Don't ask me how long it will keep in the fridge - I will be surprised if it makes it through tomorrow!

2 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 c. reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
2/3 c. fat-free mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
Chili Cheese Fritos

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except Fritos. Immediately before serving, measure 1 cup of the Fritos, crush, and stir into the salad. (If you are not eating it all at once, use a little less than 1/4 cup per serving.)

Serves 4-6.

No comments: